OUR MISSION

 

We raise funds for medical research through fitness

It all began a few years ago when someone very close to us got diagnosed with a rare and incurable disease. That’s when we realized we have the opportunity to create something that can give a person hope when they need it. Our goal is simple; together we can move to make someone’s life better. Together we can Move For A Cure.

 
 

HOW DO WE MOVE ?

 

FITNESS FUNDRAISERS

We plan fitness fundraisers benefiting a different cause each year.

We are dedicated to helping 1 medical cause a year. Throughout each year, all our activities and fundraisers are aimed at raising funds to move the chosen cause’s research forward. Past causes include the St-Justine CHU Research Center and Alzheimer’s research

2019

Blood Cancer

2020

Crohns & Colitis

 

For every fundraiser we organize, 70% of the funds are donated to medical research and MFAC retains the remaining 30%.

We retain 30% so that MFAC can grow every year and make a bigger impact. All our team members are volunteers and funds help us cover our expenses. 

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

 

Maya Chammas

Founder & Chair person

A recreation specialist & fitness instructor, Maya founded MFAC to give hope to those who need it most. Her goal is to advance medical research and give those affected a fighting chance to live well. She combined her passions for fitness and fundraising, and formed a team dedicated to continuously motivate people to make a difference.

  • LinkedIn Social Icon

Elias Hayek

Co-Founder & Treasurer

Elias, a management consultant, co-founded MFAC with the intent to unite, support, and inspire people to make a difference in the lives of others. He strongly believes in the power of diverse individuals coming together as a team to make an impact. Through MFAC’s initiatives, he hopes to give back to the community and motivate others to do the same.

  • LinkedIn Social Icon

Samar Abboud

Co-Founder & Vice Chair

Samar, by virtue of being involved in both the educational and medical fields as a teacher and a nurse, realized that there is a considerable knowledge gap when it comes to certain diseases. She took initiative and co-founded MFAC to help close that gap and highlight the struggles that people affected by these diseases have to go through every single day, with the hope of improving their lives.

  • LinkedIn Social Icon

Goldy Aoun

Secretary

A translator and a law student  intent on positively impacting the world, Goldy joined MFAC from day one to help make a difference in people’s lives. She holds the organization close to her heart, and is motivated to help through the idea of combining fitness to a purpose of health for all. She strongly believes that accomplished goals are the result of a helping hand, and works tirelessly to ensure MFAC’s mission succeeds

Lisanne Leduc

Administrator

As an academic resource teacher, Lisanne is regularly called to intervene in a preventative and rehabilitative manner for students with learning difficulties.  She constantly collaborates with different people to find winning solutions, and finds working as part of a team stimulating. By getting involved with MFAC, she has the chance to build on this momentum and focus her efforts in a health-related field. She is confident that by uniting our strengths, we will achieve our common goal of advancing medical research and creating a better future for everyone. Empathy, dedication, and commitment are some of her core values, and MFAC’s mission echoes them as well.

VOLUNTEER STAFF

Jasmine Grignon

Nadia James

Lyn Saad

Véronique Matteau

OUR PARTNERS