PEOPLE TO MOVE FOR A CURE SINCE 2016
We're a volunteer-run non profit on a mission to support medical research through fitness fundraising!
It all began a few years ago when someone very close to us got diagnosed with a rare and incurable disease. That’s when we realized we have the opportunity to create something that can give a person hope when they need it. Our goal is simple; together we can move research forward. Together we can Move For A Cure.
HOW DO WE MOVE RESEARCH FORWARD?
We are dedicated to helping 1 medical cause a year. Throughout each year, all our activities and fundraisers are aimed at raising funds to move the chosen cause’s research forward. Past causes include the St-Justine CHU Research Center, Alzheimer’s Research & Blood Cancer Research
We plan an outdoor fitness fundraiser every spring in the Town of Mount Royal benefiting the cause of the year.
We plan fitness pop up events around the city benefiting the cause of the year.
For every fundraiser we organize, 80% of the funds are donated to medical research and MFAC retains the remaining 20%.
20% FOR MFAC
We retain 20% so that MFAC can grow every year and make a bigger impact. All our team members are volunteers and funds help us cover our expenses.
80% FOR THE CAUSE
We are creating long-lasting partnerships to ensure the funds go straight to medical research!